What is Kubegres?
It is a Kubernetes operator allowing to deploy a cluster of PostgreSql instances with data replication enabled out-of-the box. It brings simplicity when using PostgreSql considering how complex managing stateful-set's life-cycle and data replication could be with Kubernetes.
Kubegres is a tool in the Container Tools category of a tech stack.
Kubegres is an open source tool with 1.2K GitHub stars and 68 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Kubegres's open source repository on GitHub
- It creates a cluster of PostgreSql servers with Streaming Replication enabled: it creates a Primary PostgreSql pod and a number of Replica PostgreSql pods and replicates primary's database in real-time to Replica pods
- It manages failover: if a Primary PostgreSql crashes, it automatically promotes a Replica PostgreSql as a Primary
- It has a data backup option allowing to dump PostgreSql data regularly in a given volume
- It provides a very simple YAML with properties specialised for PostgreSql
- It is resilient, has over 55 automatized tests cases and has been running in production
- It works with the PostgreSql containers created by the Docker Official Images team. Kubegres uses the standard PostgreSql libraries to manage replication and failover and it does not require a custom Docker image with a set of third party libraries
- It is portable because compatible with any Docker images which derive from the PostgreSql containers
Kubegres Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Kubegres?
See all alternatives
Kubernetes is an open source orchestration system for Docker containers. It handles scheduling onto nodes in a compute cluster and actively manages workloads to ensure that their state matches the users declared intentions.
With Compose, you define a multi-container application in a single file, then spin your application up in a single command which does everything that needs to be done to get it running.
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
Rancher is an open source container management platform that includes full distributions of Kubernetes, Apache Mesos and Docker Swarm, and makes it simple to operate container clusters on any cloud or infrastructure platform.
It makes it easy to use data access technologies, relational and non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud-based data services. This is an umbrella project which contains many subprojects that are specific to a given database.
No related comparisons found