What is Rancher?
Who uses Rancher?
Why developers like Rancher?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Rancher in their tech stack.
We use Rancher because its has a simple installation and good ui and many other features out of the box
Rancher Powerful, easy to use. Enabled us to provide KaaS with less overhead. We now provide multiple clusters to multiple DevOps enviornments. With our own monitoring stack we are able to run multiple stage clusters in our vSphere, and feel quite ready to move into the #cloud soon
Currently looking to move to Swarm or Kubernetes due to a few issues I have with Rancher. Rancher
The whole infrastructure is managed through Rancher. It provides a simple interface to all the underlying tools - Docker, HAProxy (automatically configures load balancer from the containers). Rancher
- Manage Hosts, Deploy Containers, Monitor Resources
- User Management & Collaboration
- Native Docker APIs & Tools
- Monitoring and Logging
- Connect Containers, Manage Disks, Deploy Load Balancers
- Docker App Catalog
- Included Kubernetes Distribution
- Included Docker Swarm Distribution
- Included Mesos Distribution
- Infrastructure Management