What is Mysos?
Mysos is an Apache Mesos framework for running MySQL instances. It dramatically simplifies the management of a MySQL cluster.
Mysos is a tool in the Database Cluster Management category of a tech stack.
Mysos is an open source tool with 595 GitHub stars and 68 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Mysos's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Mysos?
- Efficient hardware utilization through multi-tenancy (in performance-isolated containers)
- High reliability through preserving the MySQL state during failure and automatic backing up to/restoring from HDFS
- An automated self-service option for bringing up new MySQL clusters
- High availability through automatic MySQL master failover
- An elastic solution that allows users to easily scale up and down a MySQL cluster by changing the number of slave instances
Mysos Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Mysos?
Powerful database management & design tool for Win, Mac & Linux. With intuitive GUI, user manages MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, SQLite, Oracle & PostgreSQL DB easily.
It’s an easy-to-use, high-availability solution, which provides high system up-time, no data loss and scalability for future growth. You can Keep it up and running 24/7. Putting our expertise to use will help you avoid trial and error.
Dynomite is a generic dynamo implementation that can be used with many different key-value pair storage engines. Currently these include Redis and Memcached. Dynomite supports multi-datacenter replication and is designed for high availability.