What is pgwatch2?
It is a flexible self-contained PostgreSQL metrics monitoring/dashboarding solution.
pgwatch2 is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
pgwatch2 is an open source tool with 1.1K GitHub stars and 190 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to pgwatch2's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses pgwatch2?
5 developers on StackShare have stated that they use pgwatch2.
PostgreSQL, Amazon RDS, Prometheus, InfluxDB, and Graphite are some of the popular tools that integrate with pgwatch2. Here's a list of all 6 tools that integrate with pgwatch2.
- Non-invasive setup, no extensions nor superuser rights required for the base functionality
- Intuitive metrics presentation using the Grafana dashboarding engine with optional Alerting
- Lots of pre-configured dashboards and metric configurations covering all Statistics Collector data
- Easy extensibility by defining metrics in pure SQL (thus they could also be from business domain)
- 4 supported data stores for metrics storage (PostgreSQL, InfluxDB, Graphite, Prometheus)
- Multiple configuration options (YAML, PostgreSQL, ENV) supporting both "push" and "pull" models
pgwatch2 Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to pgwatch2?
See all alternatives
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
It makes it easy to use data access technologies, relational and non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud-based data services. This is an umbrella project which contains many subprojects that are specific to a given database.
A cross-platform IDE that is aimed at DBAs and developers working with SQL databases.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
It is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. It provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases. Use it to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, as well as build queries and scripts.
PostGIS is a spatial database extender for PostgreSQL object-relational database. It adds support for geographic objects allowing location queries to be run in SQL.