What is PyXLL?
Integrate Python into Microsoft Excel. Use Excel as your user-facing front-end with calculations, business logic and data access powered by Python. Works with all 3rd party and open source Python packages. No need to write any VBA!
PyXLL is a tool in the Data Science Tools category of a tech stack.
Who uses PyXLL?
Why developers like PyXLL?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use PyXLL
- User Defined Functions: Write Excel worksheet functions in Python - no VBA required
- Ribbon Customization: Give your users a rich Excel native experience
- Macros: No need for VBA, access to the full Excel Object Model in Python
- Menu Functions: Call Python functions from Excel menus, and give common tasks keyboard shortcuts
- Real Time Data: Stream data to Excel in real-time using Python
- Array Functions: Return tables of data to Excel that resize automatically
- IntelliSense: Auto-complete worksheet functions as you type them
- NumPy and Pandas Integration: Use NumPy and Pandas types in Excel
PyXLL Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to PyXLL?
See all alternatives
Replace your VBA code with Python, a powerful yet easy-to-use programming language that is highly suited for numerical analysis. Supports Windows & Mac!
Build live streaming dashboards and complex mathematical models, all in Excel. You can use DataNitro to turn a spreadsheet into a database GUI - or a web server backend.
Flexible and powerful data analysis / manipulation library for Python, providing labeled data structures similar to R data.frame objects, statistical functions, and much more.
Besides its obvious scientific uses, NumPy can also be used as an efficient multi-dimensional container of generic data. Arbitrary data-types can be defined. This allows NumPy to seamlessly and speedily integrate with a wide variety of databases.
A free and open-source distribution of the Python and R programming languages for scientific computing, that aims to simplify package management and deployment. Package versions are managed by the package management system conda.