What is xlwings?
Replace your VBA code with Python, a powerful yet easy-to-use programming language that is highly suited for numerical analysis. Supports Windows & Mac!
xlwings is a tool in the Spreadsheets as a Backend category of a tech stack.
xlwings is an open source tool with 1.4K GitHub stars and 251 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to xlwings's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses xlwings?
No company stacks found
No developer stacks found
Why developers like xlwings?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use xlwings
Be the first to leave a pro
- Easy deployment: The receiver of an xlwings-powered spreadsheets only needs Python with minimal dependencies — or nothing at all when shipped with the Python runtime.
- Cross-Platform: xlwings works with Microsoft Excel on Windows and Mac.
- Plug-and-Play: No cumbersome installation of Excel add-ins or license keys.
- Flexible: Works with pretty much every combination of Excel and Python.
- Two way communication: Call Python from Excel or interact with Excel from Python.
- Free and open-source: xlwings is released under a permissive BSD-License.
xlwings Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to xlwings?
See all alternatives
Build live streaming dashboards and complex mathematical models, all in Excel. You can use DataNitro to turn a spreadsheet into a database GUI - or a web server backend.
Working with Airtable is as fast and easy as editing a spreadsheet. But only Airtable is backed by the power of a full database, giving you rich features far beyond what a spreadsheet can offer.
Pick a sheet, customize your app, share it with a link. Add your data to the sheet and share your custom app! Only pay for apps that need whitelabeling or store distribution.
Use spreadsheet as your database. Give data to your users the nice way, directly from the tool you know. Without bothering webdeveloper.
SpreadsheetDB is a DBaaS (database as a service). It can be queried with an API over HTTP to insert records and to manipulate JSON spreadsheets.