What is xlwings?
Who uses xlwings?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by members of with xlwings in their tech stack.
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose xlwings in their tech stack.
Custom python functions within Excel. (MS Haven't added Python to Excel YET). xlwings
- Easy deployment: The receiver of an xlwings-powered spreadsheets only needs Python with minimal dependencies — or nothing at all when shipped with the Python runtime.
- Cross-Platform: xlwings works with Microsoft Excel on Windows and Mac.
- Plug-and-Play: No cumbersome installation of Excel add-ins or license keys.
- Flexible: Works with pretty much every combination of Excel and Python.
- Two way communication: Call Python from Excel or interact with Excel from Python.
- Free and open-source: xlwings is released under a permissive BSD-License.