What is Amazon Mechanical Turk?
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a marketplace for work that requires human intelligence. The Mechanical Turk web service enables companies to programmatically access this marketplace and a diverse, on-demand workforce. Developers can leverage this service to build human intelligence directly into their applications.
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a tool in the Crowdsourced Labor category of a tech stack.
Who uses Amazon Mechanical Turk?
6 companies reportedly use Amazon Mechanical Turk in their tech stacks, including Amazon, LinkedIn, and Hivemind.
Why developers like Amazon Mechanical Turk?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Amazon Mechanical Turk
Be the first to leave a pro
Amazon Mechanical Turk's Features
- Tag objects found in an image for easier searching / advertising targeting
- Select from a set of images the best picture to represent a product
- Audit user-uploaded images for inappropriate content
- Classify objects found in satellite imagery
- De-duplication of yellow pages directory listings
- Identification of duplicate products in an online product catalog
- Verify restaurant details such as phone number or hours of operation
- Allowing people to ask questions from a computer or mobile device about any topic and have workers return results to those questions
- Filling out survey data on a variety of topics
- Writing reviews, descriptions and blog entries for websites
- Finding specific fields or data elements in large legal and government documents
- Podcast editing and transcription
- Human powered translation services
- Rating the accuracy of results for a search engine
Amazon Mechanical Turk Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Amazon Mechanical Turk?
CrowdFlower is the world's leading crowdsourcing service, with over 800 million tasks submitted by over four million contributors. We specialize in microtasking: distributing small, discrete tasks to many online contributors, assembly-line fashion - for instance, using people to check hundreds of thousands of photos every day for obscene content.