What is Sourcetrail?
Sourcetrail is a cross-platform source explorer for C/C++ and Java. It helps software engineers explore and navigate unknown source code quickly and thoroughly by combining an interactive graph visualization, a concise code view and a powerful search algorithm, all built into an easy-to-use cross-platform developer tool.
Sourcetrail is a tool in the Code Review category of a tech stack.
Who uses Sourcetrail?
12 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Sourcetrail.
- Index your Source Code - Sourcetrail's in-depth static analysis finds all definitions and references within your source files. You can choose from several methods for project setup.
- Find any Symbol - Use Sourcetrail's search field to quickly find any symbol within the whole codebase. The fuzzy keyword matching gives you the best matches with just a few keystrokes
- Navigate Visually - The graph visualization provides a quick overview of any class, method, field, etc., and all its relations. The graph is fully interactive. Use it to move through the codebase by focusing on other nodes and edges.
- Explore your Code - Finally the code view holds all implementation details of the element in focus within a well-arranged list of code snippets. Further inspect scopes and local variables, or focus on any other encountered reference or element.
- Connect your Source Editor - Communicate via plugin between Sourcetrail and your favorite source editor. This allows for easy switching between writing and exploring. Have a look at our list of supported editors.
Sourcetrail Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Sourcetrail?
See all alternatives
Sourcegraph is a universal code search tool that lets you find and fix things across ALL your code -- any code host, any repo, any language. Stay in flow and find your answers quickly with smart filters, and more.
Prettier is an opinionated code formatter. It enforces a consistent style by parsing your code and re-printing it with its own rules that take the maximum line length into account, wrapping code when necessary.
SonarQube provides an overview of the overall health of your source code and even more importantly, it highlights issues found on new code. With a Quality Gate set on your project, you will simply fix the Leak and start mechanically improving.
An extensible static analysis tool that checks TypeScript code for readability, maintainability, and functionality errors. It is widely supported across modern editors & build systems and can be customized with your own lint rules, configurations, and formatters.