Administrate vs DBngin: What are the differences?
What is Administrate? Rails framework for creating flexible admin dashboards, by thoughtbot. Administrate is heavily inspired by projects like Rails Admin and ActiveAdmin, but aims to provide a better user experience for site admins, and to be easier for developers to customize.
What is DBngin? An all-in-one app for database version management. The easiest way to get started with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis & more. Install & manage multiple local database servers of various versions within a click.
Administrate and DBngin can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Administrate are:
- No DSLs (domain-specific languages)
- Support the simplest use cases, and let the user override defaults with standard tools such as plain Rails controllers and views.
- Break up the library into core components and plugins, so each component stays small and easy to maintain.
On the other hand, DBngin provides the following key features:
- - Lightweight
- - Create a local server with a click, no dependency.
- - Manage multiple database servers with multiple versions and ports.
Administrate is an open source tool with 4.43K GitHub stars and 779 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Administrate's open source repository on GitHub.