Amazon Personalize vs BigML: What are the differences?
What is Amazon Personalize? Real-time personalization and recommendation. Machine learning service that makes it easy for developers to add individualized recommendations to customers using their applications.
What is BigML? Machine Learning, made simple. Predictive analytics for big data and not-so-big data. BigML provides a hosted machine learning platform for advanced analytics. Through BigML's intuitive interface and/or its open API and bindings in several languages, analysts, data scientists and developers alike can quickly build fully actionable predictive models and clusters that can easily be incorporated into related applications and services.
Amazon Personalize and BigML can be categorized as "Machine Learning as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon Personalize are:
- Combine customer and contextual data to generate high-quality recommendations
- Automated machine learning
- Continuous learning to improve performance
On the other hand, BigML provides the following key features:
- REST API
- bindings in Pyton, Java, Ruby, node.js, C#, Clojure, PHP, and more
- several algorithms, including categorical & regression decision trees, ensembles of trees (random decision forest), cluster analysis and more