Apportable vs Sencha Touch: What are the differences?
Apportable: Objective-C for Android. Apportable lets you cross-compile your iOS app and re-use the same code across platforms; Sencha Touch: The leading mobile web app framework based on HTML5 for amazing mobile apps. Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform. Built for enabling world-class user experiences, Sencha Touch 2 is the only framework that enables developers to build fast and impressive apps that work on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Kindle Fire, and more.
Apportable and Sencha Touch can be primarily classified as "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apportable are:
- Apportable compiles your app to run natively on Android, with speed and playability that rivals the iOS version
- We bake in performance optimizations for the latest devices and firmware updates, and Android-specific functionality such as "Lights Out" mode, hardware specific buttons, and more
On the other hand, Sencha Touch provides the following key features:
- Built on HTML5 Technology- Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform.
- Smoother Scrolling and Animations- Sencha Touch 2 provides a user experience unparalleled in HTML5. Fluid Adaptive Layouts- Sencha Touch’s novel layout engine leverages HTML5 in powerful ways to let developers build complex applications that respond, load, and layout in a snap.
- Navigation View- The new Navigation View component makes it easy to make applications that feature beautiful animated transitions between screens as well as providing automatic back button management.