Apportable vs Web Starter Kit: What are the differences?
Apportable: Objective-C for Android. Apportable lets you cross-compile your iOS app and re-use the same code across platforms; Web Starter Kit: Boilerplate & Tooling for Multi-Device Development. Web Starter Kit is a starting point for multi-screen web development. It encompasses opinionated recommendations on boilerplate and tooling for building an experience that works great across multiple devices. We help you stay productive and aligned with the best practices outlined in Google's Web Fundamentals.
Apportable and Web Starter Kit belong to "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Apportable are:
- Apportable compiles your app to run natively on Android, with speed and playability that rivals the iOS version
- We bake in performance optimizations for the latest devices and firmware updates, and Android-specific functionality such as "Lights Out" mode, hardware specific buttons, and more
On the other hand, Web Starter Kit provides the following key features:
- Multi-device responsive boilerplate
- Living component style guide
- Cross-device Synchronization
Web Starter Kit is an open source tool with 18.6K GitHub stars and 3.21K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Web Starter Kit's open source repository on GitHub.