Atlas-DB vs OmniDB: What are the differences?
What is Atlas-DB? Backend for managing dimensional time series data, by Netflix. Atlas was developed by Netflix to manage dimensional time series data for near real-time operational insight. Atlas features in-memory data storage, allowing it to gather and report very large numbers of metrics, very quickly.
What is OmniDB? An Open Source Web Tool for Database Management and Conversion. OmniDB is a web tool that simplifies database management focusing on interactivity, designed to be powerful and lightweight.
Atlas-DB and OmniDB can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Atlas-DB are:
- Manages dimensional time series data
- In-memory data storage
- Captures operational intelligence
On the other hand, OmniDB provides the following key features:
- Web Tool: Accessible from any platform, using a browser as a medium
- Responsive Interface: All available functions in a single page
- Unified Workspace: Different technologies managed in a single workspace
Atlas-DB and OmniDB are both open source tools. Atlas-DB with 2.4K GitHub stars and 204 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than OmniDB with 1.62K GitHub stars and 201 GitHub forks.