AWS Elemental MediaLive vs Zencoder: What are the differences?
What is AWS Elemental MediaLive? Encode live video for broadcast and streaming to any device. AWS Elemental MediaLive is a broadcast-grade live video processing service. It lets you create high-quality video streams for delivery to broadcast televisions and internet-connected multiscreen devices, like connected TVs, tablets, smart phones, and set-top boxes.
What is Zencoder? Cloud-based video and audio encoding product suite. Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
AWS Elemental MediaLive and Zencoder can be categorized as "Media Transcoding" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Elemental MediaLive are:
- Comprehensive video standards support
- Broadcast capabilities for live video streams
- Automated resource provisioning
On the other hand, Zencoder provides the following key features:
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.