What is Zencoder?
Who uses Zencoder?
Why developers like Zencoder?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Zencoder in their tech stack.
We were looking for a versatile #MediaTranscoding service for #video to convert TV shows and movies from large content providers into web #VideoStreaming formats. These content providers gave us files ranging from Apple ProRes to h.264, with file sizes from 1 GB to 100 GB, and we needed a tool that could cope with all of it. We looked at Amazon Elastic Transcoder and Zencoder, and eventually chose @Zencoder because it had support for every format we needed, good handling of sound channel remapping, and a clear UI with fast processing times. We automated our usage with it by writing a simple Python script to interact with it's API, and hosted the input and output AV files on Amazon S3, which it could easily talk to. So far we've converted 15 TB representing several thousand files using the service and are quite happy!
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.
- Unlimited Scalability- Zencoder is the largest encoding service provider by volume. Our cloud infrastructure scales instantly for you, giving you the power of large encoding clusters without ever paying for idle server time.
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming- Streaming to iPad or iPhone? Zencoder supports Apple’s HLS standards guaranteeing beautiful video on all iOS devices.
- 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed- We’ll always be here for you. Zencoder’s Service Level Agreement guarantees 99.9% uptime for all plans.