What is Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
Who uses Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
Why developers like Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by members of with Amazon Elastic Transcoder in their tech stack.
Great pick-and-go transcoder Amazon Elastic Transcoder
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Amazon Elastic Transcoder in their tech stack.
We were looking for a versatile #MediaTranscoding service for #video to convert TV shows and movies from large content providers into web #VideoStreaming formats. These content providers gave us files ranging from Apple ProRes to h.264, with file sizes from 1 GB to 100 GB, and we needed a tool that could cope with all of it. We looked at Amazon Elastic Transcoder and Zencoder, and eventually chose @Zencoder because it had support for every format we needed, good handling of sound channel remapping, and a clear UI with fast processing times. We automated our usage with it by writing a simple Python script to interact with it's API, and hosted the input and output AV files on Amazon S3, which it could easily talk to. So far we've converted 15 TB representing several thousand files using the service and are quite happy!
AWS Elastic Transcoder has helped us scale the thousands of video application uploads we get a month. Amazon Elastic Transcoder
Amazon Elastic Transcoder's Features
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder runs your transcoding jobs using the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). Built to work with content you store in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Automatically receive status of your transcoding jobs via Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Query the status of transcoding jobs.
- Manage your transcoding jobs by stopping, starting or canceling them.
- SDKs available for Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby, and the new AWS Command Line Interface
- Supports the following output formats- Audio codecs: AAC, MP3 and Vorbis. Video codecs: H.264 and VP8. Container types: MPEG-4, MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) and WebM.