What is Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
Convert or transcode media files from their source format into versions that will playback on devices like smartphones, tablets and PCs. Create a transcoding “job” specifying the location of your source media file and how you want it transcoded. Amazon Elastic Transcoder also provides transcoding presets for popular output formats. All these features are available via service API, AWS SDKs and the AWS Management Console.
Amazon Elastic Transcoder is a tool in the Media Transcoding category of a tech stack.
Who uses Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
41 companies reportedly use Amazon Elastic Transcoder in their tech stacks, including Amazon, Tonsser Stack, and Helios.
45 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Amazon Elastic Transcoder.
Amazon Elastic Transcoder's Features
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder runs your transcoding jobs using the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). Built to work with content you store in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Automatically receive status of your transcoding jobs via Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Query the status of transcoding jobs.
- Manage your transcoding jobs by stopping, starting or canceling them.
- SDKs available for Java, .NET, Node.js, PHP, Python and Ruby, and the new AWS Command Line Interface
- Supports the following output formats- Audio codecs: AAC, MP3 and Vorbis. Video codecs: H.264 and VP8. Container types: MPEG-4, MPEG-2 Transport Stream (TS) and WebM.
Amazon Elastic Transcoder Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
See all alternatives
AWS Elemental MediaConvert
AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features. It allows you to easily create video-on-demand (VOD) content for broadcast and multiscreen delivery at scale.
Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
It is a library for constructing graphs of media-handling components. The applications it supports range from simple Ogg/Vorbis playback, audio/video streaming to complex audio (mixing) and video (non-linear editing) processing.
It is a WebRTC media server and a set of client APIs making simple the development of advanced video applications for WWW and smartphone platforms. Media Server features include group communications, transcoding and more.
Cloudflare Stream makes integrating high-quality streaming video into a web or mobile application easy. Using a single, integrated workflow through a robust API or drag and drop UI, application owners can focus on creating the best video experience.