AWS Elemental MediaConvert vs Zencoder: What are the differences?
What is AWS Elemental MediaConvert? Process video files and clips to prepare on-demand content for distribution or archiving. AWS Elemental MediaConvert is a file-based video transcoding service with broadcast-grade features. It allows you to easily create video-on-demand (VOD) content for broadcast and multiscreen delivery at scale.
What is Zencoder? Cloud-based video and audio encoding product suite. Zencoder downloads the video and converts it to as many formats as you need. Every output is encoded concurrently, with virtually no waiting—whether you do one or one hundred. Zencoder then uploads the resulting videos to a server, CDN, an S3 bucket, or wherever you dictate in your API call.
AWS Elemental MediaConvert and Zencoder can be primarily classified as "Media Transcoding" tools.
Some of the features offered by AWS Elemental MediaConvert are:
- Broadcast-grade capabilities
- Comprehensive input and output support
- Automated resource provisioning
On the other hand, Zencoder provides the following key features:
- Fastest Encoding Speeds- Zencoder consistently delivers the fastest encoding times in the cloud. Even HD Quality video is encoded faster than realtime.
- Easy API Integration- Integrate in an afternoon with Zencoder's well documented API, easy-to-use API Request Builder, integration libraries, and dedicated support.
- Any Video. Any Device.- Zencoder has an industry leading 99.9% encoding success rate and supports outputs for nearly every device on the market.