Delta Lake vs Kylo: What are the differences?
What is Delta Lake? Reliable Data Lakes at Scale. An open-source storage layer that brings ACID transactions to Apache Spark™ and big data workloads.
What is Kylo? Open-source data lake management software platform. It is an open source enterprise-ready data lake management software platform for self-service data ingest and data preparation with integrated metadata management, governance, security and best practices inspired by Think Big's 150+ big data implementation projects.
Delta Lake and Kylo belong to "Big Data Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Delta Lake are:
- ACID Transactions
- Scalable Metadata Handling
- Time Travel (data versioning)
On the other hand, Kylo provides the following key features:
- Self-service data ingest with data cleansing, validation, and automatic profiling
- Wrangle data with visual sql and an interactive transform through a simple user interface
- Search and explore data and metadata, view lineage, and profile statistics
Delta Lake and Kylo are both open source tools. Delta Lake with 1.87K GitHub stars and 363 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Kylo with 744 GitHub stars and 358 GitHub forks.