DodgerCMS vs Octopress: What are the differences?
What is DodgerCMS? *A static markdown CMS built on top of Amazon S3 *. DodgerCMS is a static markdown CMS built on top of Amazon S3. It is a clean and simple alternative to heavy content management systems. There are no databases to manage, deployments to monitor, or massive configuration files. Just focus on writing your content and the results are live immediately.
What is Octopress? A static blogging framework for hackers, based on Jekyll. Octopress is an obsessively designed framework for Jekyll blogging. It’s easy to configure and easy to deploy.
DodgerCMS and Octopress can be primarily classified as "Static Site Generators" tools.
Some of the features offered by DodgerCMS are:
- Full markdown editor
- Simple toolbar and easy file manipulation
- Github flavored markdown with syntax highlighting
On the other hand, Octopress provides the following key features:
- Octopress sports a clean responsive theme written in semantic HTML5, focused on readability and friendliness toward mobile devices.
- Code blogging is easy and beautiful. Embed code (with Solarized styling) in your posts from gists, jsFiddle or from your filesystem.
- Third party integration is simple with built-in support for Pinboard, Delicious, GitHub Repositories, Disqus Comments and Google Analytics.
DodgerCMS and Octopress are both open source tools. Octopress with 9.51K GitHub stars and 2.86K forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than DodgerCMS with 281 GitHub stars and 39 GitHub forks.