Embedly vs Iframely: What are the differences?
Embedly: Build Richer Content Into Your Websites And Apps. Embed- Get the world’s most powerful tool for embedding videos, photos, and rich media into websites. Extract- Use the elements—colors, text, keywords, and entities—that you want from articles. Discard the rest automatically. Display- Use the elements—colors, text, keywords, and entities—that you want from articles. Discard the rest automatically.Make the images you use look great—and display quickly—on any screen, every time; Iframely: Self-Hosted API for Responsive Embeds (oEmbed, Twitter Cards, Open Graph, Readability and more). Simple API gives you responsive embed codes and semantic data for videos, photos, slideshows or any URL. YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram, Twitter - all the usual suspects plus over 1500 others. Parsers based on oEmbed, Open-Graph, Twitter Cards and are available as open-source or as hosted cloud API.
Embedly and Iframely belong to "Embedding as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Embedly are:
- Add embeddable media and more to your site- Make your website more engaging with video, images, audio, and more. Embed turns any URL into embeddable content.
- Get more value from articles- Extract allows you to harvest important features from articles—so you can use written content how you want to. Control colors, text, keywords, and entities in any article on your site. Remove extraneous information
- Picture perfect—every time- Display adjusts images to display correctly on your site. It saves you the hassle of resizing every image, and saves your users—even those on mobile devices—the pain of waiting for incorrectly optimized images to load.
On the other hand, Iframely provides the following key features:
- Responsive Embed Codes
- Players, photos, thumbnails, semantic data for any URL
- Over 1500 publishers supported
Iframely is an open source tool with 953 GitHub stars and 185 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Iframely's open source repository on GitHub.