Mode vs Explore: What are the differences?
What is Mode? SQL-based analytics tool that helps analysts query, visualize, and share data. Created by analysts, for analysts, Mode is a SQL-based analytics tool that connects directly to your database. Mode is designed to alleviate the bottlenecks in today's analytical workflow and drive collaboration around data projects.
What is Explore? Free chart maker & visual exploration for spreadsheet data. It is a free online chart maker & visual data exploration tool for all your spreadsheet data (Excel, CSV, Google Sheets). It runs locally in your browser, and does not store your data in our servers - so, your data is absolutely safe.
Mode and Explore belong to "Business Intelligence" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Mode are:
- Write, save, and share SQL queries with other analysts in your company
- Empower non-technical folks to update queries on their own
- Run queries on a schedule, create lists of related reports, and explore a project's history as it changes over time
On the other hand, Explore provides the following key features:
- Free online chart maker
- Visual data exploration tool for all your spreadsheet data
- Runs locally in your browser