Flyway vs Idera SQL Secure: What are the differences?
Developers describe Flyway as "Version control for your database". It lets you regain control of your database migrations with pleasure and plain sql. Solves only one problem and solves it well. It migrates your database, so you don't have to worry about it anymore. On the other hand, Idera SQL Secure is detailed as "Take Full Control of SQL Server Permissions". Identify your existing vulnerabilities for stronger server security with SQL Secure. Maintain PCI, HIPAA, FERPA compliance and more.
Flyway and Idera SQL Secure belong to "Database Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Flyway are:
- Supported databases: Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Azure, DB2, DB2 z/OS, MySQL, MariaDB, Google Cloud SQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, Vertica, H2, Hsql, Derby, SQLite
- Supported build tools: Maven, Gradle, Ant and SBT
- Works on: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Java and Android
On the other hand, Idera SQL Secure provides the following key features:
- Identify vulnerabilities in your SQL Server and Azure environments
- Harden security policies across SQL Server and Azure SQL databases
- Rank security levels with the security report card
Flyway is an open source tool with 5.01K GitHub stars and 1.02K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Flyway's open source repository on GitHub.