Metalsmith vs Gatsby Cloud: What are the differences?
Metalsmith: An extremely simple, pluggable static site generator. In Metalsmith, all of the logic is handled by plugins. You simply chain them together. Since everything is a plugin, the core library is actually just an abstraction for manipulating a directory of files; Gatsby Cloud: The best way to build and maintain Gatsby sites. It is the perfect cloud complement for Gatsby and provide a lot of cloud services Gatsby users need like real-time preview and very fast builds.
Metalsmith and Gatsby Cloud belong to "Static Site Generators" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Metalsmith are:
- Read template files from a directory
- Parse files for template placeholders
- Prompt user to fill in each placeholder
On the other hand, Gatsby Cloud provides the following key features:
- Real-time Preview: View live content updates from your headless CMS
- Blazing fast Gatsby builds in the cloud (in beta)
- Performance reports
Metalsmith is an open source tool with 7.35K GitHub stars and 654 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Metalsmith's open source repository on GitHub.