Gemfury vs Packagr: What are the differences?
Developers describe Gemfury as "Private ruby gem hosting". Hosted service for your private and custom packages to simplify your deployment story. Once you upload your packages and enable your Gemfury repository, you can securely deploy any package to any host. Your private RubyGems, Python packages, and NPM modules will be safe and within reach on Gemfury. Install them to any machine in minutes without worrying about running and securing your own private repository.
. On the other hand, Packagr is detailed as "Store, distribute and deploy your private Python packages". It is a private Python package repository with security scanning. Store, distribute and deploy your private Python packages.
Gemfury and Packagr can be primarily classified as "Hosted Package Repository" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gemfury are:
- Gemfury works with RubyGems, Python packages, NPM modules, and all compatible frameworks and services.
- Authenticated Repo-URL keeps your private packages safe and secure during deployment. All management and deployment is done over SSL.
- Do everything you need with just a few terminal commands.
On the other hand, Packagr provides the following key features:
- Easily integrate Packagr into your existing Python infrastructure
- Work with up to 100 developers, with total control over who can access what
- Your packages are stored securely on Amazon S3 and transferred via HTTPS