GenieDB vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
What is GenieDB? Multi-master, multi-cloud, geo-distributed MySQL database. GenieDB’s DBaaS uses multi-master replication and multi-regional distribution on multiple cloud infrastructures (Amazon AWS, IBM Softlayer, DigitalOcean, Rackspace Cloud, and Google Cloud) to help reduce latency, eliminate downtime, and easily scale your database.
What is TrueVault? HIPAA compliant Database as a Service. TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
GenieDB and TrueVault belong to "SQL Database as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by GenieDB are:
- Multi-master replication with auto-conflict resolution
- Geo-distribution across multiple regions and cloud providers using eventual consistency model with geo-compliance
- Auto-recovery and healing with re-synchronization
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.