What is ClearDB?
ClearDB uses a combination of advanced replication techniques, advanced cluster technology, and layered web services to provide you with a MySQL database that is "smarter" than usual.
ClearDB is a tool in the SQL Database as a Service category of a tech stack.
Who uses ClearDB?
7 companies reportedly use ClearDB in their tech stacks, including Salesforce, Web Site - MovieLaLa.com, and descufy.
13 developers on StackShare have stated that they use ClearDB.
Heroku, Microsoft Azure, AppFog, Pivotal Web Services (PWS), and Xplenty are some of the popular tools that integrate with ClearDB. Here's a list of all 5 tools that integrate with ClearDB.
Why developers like ClearDB?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use ClearDB
- Global Multi-Master Design- ClearDB uses geo-distributed MySQL database configurations for the ultimate in database availability, survivability, and performance. Even if whole cloud regions go offline, your database will stay online.
- Completely Fault Tolerant- ClearDB is the only cloud database in the market today that offers true multi-regional read/write mirroring with 100% uptime, even if networks or disks fail.
- Native MySQL- Our clusters use native MySQL so that you don't have to worry about re-tuning your applications to work with ClearDB.
- Fast, Reliable Support- We have expert database and systems engineers working round the clock to ensure that your database is available, reliable, and secure.
- Ultra Secure- We use a combination of 256 bit SSL encryption and client certificates directly in MySQL to secure connections.
ClearDB Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to ClearDB?
See all alternatives
The MySQL software delivers a very fast, multi-threaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software.
Heroku Postgres provides a SQL database-as-a-service that lets you focus on building your application instead of messing around with database management.
Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
Amazon RDS gives you access to the capabilities of a familiar MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database engine. This means that the code, applications, and tools you already use today with your existing databases can be used with Amazon RDS. Amazon RDS automatically patches the database software and backs up your database, storing the backups for a user-defined retention period and enabling point-in-time recovery. You benefit from the flexibility of being able to scale the compute resources or storage capacity associated with your Database Instance (DB Instance) via a single API call.