What is AppFog?
AppFog provides the infrastructure web developers need to build apps without worrying about IT tasks or having to wait days to get servers ready for writing code. AppFog’s web application technologies include PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
AppFog is a tool in the Platform as a Service category of a tech stack.
Who uses AppFog?
4 developers on StackShare have stated that they use AppFog.
New Relic, Twilio SendGrid, CircleCI, Mailgun, and Red Hat Codeready Workspaces are some of the popular tools that integrate with AppFog. Here's a list of all 19 tools that integrate with AppFog.
Why developers like AppFog?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use AppFog
- Launches fast, runs fast- Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work- No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM- Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
- Scales efficiently- We run in many regions, data centers, and infrastructures. Access only the servers you need and pay for only what you use.
- Supports many app runtimes- Web app technologies include PHP, Node, Ruby, Python, Java, and .NET.
- Supports many services- Add any popular service to your application, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
AppFog Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to AppFog?
See all alternatives
Heroku is a cloud application platform – a new way of building and deploying web apps. Heroku lets app developers spend 100% of their time on their application code, not managing servers, deployment, ongoing operations, or scaling.
Red Hat OpenShift
OpenShift is Red Hat's Cloud Computing Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering. OpenShift is an application platform in the cloud where application developers and teams can build, test, deploy, and run their applications.
Google App Engine
Google has a reputation for highly reliable, high performance infrastructure. With App Engine you can take advantage of the 10 years of knowledge Google has in running massively scalable, performance driven systems. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Once you upload your application, Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring.
Build a universal GraphQL API on top of your existing REST APIs, so you can ship new application features fast without waiting on backend changes.