What is Logentries?
Who uses Logentries?
Why developers like Logentries?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Logentries in their tech stack.
Regarding Continuous Integration - we've started with something very easy to set up - CircleCI , but with time we're adding more & more complex pipelines - we use Jenkins to configure & run those. It's much more effort, but at some point we had to pay for the flexibility we expected. Our source code version control is Git (which probably doesn't require a rationale these days) and we keep repos in GitHub - since the very beginning & we never considered moving out. Our primary monitoring these days is in New Relic (Ruby & SPA apps) and AppSignal (Elixir apps) - we're considering unifying it in New Relic , but this will require some improvements in Elixir app observability. For error reporting we use Sentry (a very popular choice in this class) & we collect our distributed logs using Logentries (to avoid semi-manual handling here).
Logentries, LogDNA, Timber.io, Papertrail and Sumo Logic provide free pricing plan for #Heroku application. You can add these applications as add-ons very easily.
Logentries is an easy-to-use, self-hosted log management and analytics service for teams of all sizes. It is integrated as a Heroku add-on which makes it simple to search, analyze, and manage the logs. Logentries
Main service used by Coolfront Mobile and Coolfront Books to capture logging information. Logentries
- Logs as Metrics - Extract field level values, analyze them using powerful search functions, and visualize them with detailed dashboards.
- Dynamic Log Correlation - Dynamically group and correlate your logs in a single dashboard, or aggregate logs from a particular system to give an end-to-end view.
- Live Tail - View your streaming logs in real-time and highlight important events to easily see errors or exceptions in your live data.
- S3 Archiving - Backup your log data daily to long term and cost effective triple redundancy storage in a SOC 2 compliant data center.
- Server Monitoring - Monitor critical server stats and auto-generate log data for real-time alerting, visualized trending and deep performance insight.
- Open API - Build easy, out-of-the-box integrations using Logentries’ open API
- leverage existing toolsets and system integrations, including HipChat, PagerDuty and Campfire.
- Team-based Annotations - See team member comments, share expertise, and maintain context with the new team-based view of system activity and log events
- identify and resolve issues together in real-time.