What is Logentries?
Logentries makes machine-generated log data easily accessible to IT operations, development, and business analysis teams of all sizes. With the broadest platform support and an open API, Logentries brings the value of log-level data to any system, to any team member, and to a community of more than 25,000 worldwide users.
Logentries is a tool in the Log Management category of a tech stack.
Who uses Logentries?
165 companies reportedly use Logentries in their tech stacks, including Accenture, Mews, and Trafi.
107 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Logentries.
Amazon S3, Heroku, Rollbar, Red Hat OpenShift, and HipChat are some of the popular tools that integrate with Logentries. Here's a list of all 28 tools that integrate with Logentries.
Pros of Logentries
Backup to S3
Easy setup, independent of existing logging setup
Search/query with regex
Jun 19 2015 at 6:37AM
Jun 12 2015 at 7:28AM
- Logs as Metrics - Extract field level values, analyze them using powerful search functions, and visualize them with detailed dashboards.
- Dynamic Log Correlation - Dynamically group and correlate your logs in a single dashboard, or aggregate logs from a particular system to give an end-to-end view.
- Live Tail - View your streaming logs in real-time and highlight important events to easily see errors or exceptions in your live data.
- S3 Archiving - Backup your log data daily to long term and cost effective triple redundancy storage in a SOC 2 compliant data center.
- Server Monitoring - Monitor critical server stats and auto-generate log data for real-time alerting, visualized trending and deep performance insight.
- Open API - Build easy, out-of-the-box integrations using Logentries’ open API
- leverage existing toolsets and system integrations, including HipChat, PagerDuty and Campfire.
- Team-based Annotations - See team member comments, share expertise, and maintain context with the new team-based view of system activity and log events
- identify and resolve issues together in real-time.
Logentries Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Logentries?
See all alternatives
It is a SaaS solution to manage your log data. There is nothing to install and updates are automatically applied to your Loggly subdomain.
Papertrail helps detect, resolve, and avoid infrastructure problems using log messages. Papertrail's practicality comes from our own experience as sysadmins, developers, and entrepreneurs.
It provides the leading platform for Operational Intelligence. Customers use it to search, monitor, analyze and visualize machine data.
Cloud-based machine data analytics platform that enables companies to proactively identify availability and performance issues in their infrastructure, improve their security posture and enhance application rollouts. Companies using Sumo Logic reduce their mean-time-to-resolution by 50% and can save hundreds of thousands of dollars, annually. Customers include Netflix, Medallia, Orange, and GoGo Inflight.
It is the acronym for three open source projects: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana. Elasticsearch is a search and analytics engine. Logstash is a server‑side data processing pipeline that ingests data from multiple sources simultaneously, transforms it, and then sends it to a "stash" like Elasticsearch. Kibana lets users visualize data with charts and graphs in Elasticsearch.