What is PagerDuty?
Who uses PagerDuty?
Why developers like PagerDuty?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose PagerDuty in their tech stack.
I chose Sqreen because it provides an out-of-the-box Security as a Service solution to protect my customer data. I get full visibility over my application security in real-time and I reduce my risk against the most common threats. My customers are happy and I don't need to spend any engineering resources or time on this. We're only alerted when our attention is required and the data that is provided helps engineering teams easily remediate vulnerabilities. The platform grows with us and will allow us to have all the right tools in place when our first security engineer joins the company. Advanced security protections against business logic threats can then be implemented.
Installation was super easy on my Node.js and Ruby apps. But Sqreen also supports Python , Java , PHP and soon Go .
It integrates well with the tools I'm using every day Slack , PagerDuty and more.
Luckily we don't end up actually using this much, but we couldn't live without it. PagerDuty
whistles If there's something weird, in your infrastructure, who you gonna call?
DevOps-Buste.. You get the idea. PagerDuty is great for quickly notifying us when things go pearshaped. PagerDuty
- Alerting that works (and wakes you up)- When your systems go down, PagerDuty will wake you up. You choose how you want to be alerted - via phone, SMS or email, to multiple numbers, with retries.
- Integrate all your existing monitoring tools- PagerDuty works great with almost all monitoring tools including: Nagios (and Icinga), Keynote, New Relic, Pingdom, Circonus, Red Gate SQL Monitor, Server Density, Zenoss, Monit, Munin, SolarWinds and many others. If it can send email, it will work with PagerDuty.
- Native apps with push notifications- iOS and Android native apps with push notifications and a cross-platform mobile website ensure you can respond to alerts wherever you are, even on the go.
- On-call duty scheduling- Easily set up schedules to fairly share on-call duty responsibilities with your team.
- Automatic escalation of alerts- If you're paged but don't respond in time, the alert is auto-escalated to a team member. Ensures nothing slips through the cracks - ever.
- Reliable, distributed architecture- PagerDuty's infrastructure is fully replicated in multiple data centers, with fast failover when problems occur.
- Works internationally (Yes, really!)- Phone alerts can be delivered to over 170 countries and territories
- SMS alerts are available virtually world-wide. (Is my country included?)