What is Sentry?
Who uses Sentry?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Sentry in their tech stack.
Hey everyone, I have installed the basic plan of Sentry and integrated it into our React application. I like how it shows errors etc, however, who would be the proper person to set up all the alerts and monitoring so it is useful to us? Is this something my developer can do? Is there a dedicated Sentry developer? Who can I contact to make this work for me?
Been using Sentry for a while, curious to see if the alternatives are better. Happy to go with a paid or a generous free plan.
We decided to use Sentry as our application monitoring tool due to its various features such as being able to see event history and actions, tags about software versions, and error visualization. These features along with the large community support will allow us to analyze and identify errors within our application more efficiently.
Last time we shared there information about our decision about using YouTrack over Jira actually we found much better solution that our team have loved. Linear is a minimalistic issue tracker that integrates well with Sentry, GitHub, Slack and Figma which are our basic tools. I would like to recommend checking out Linear as a potential alternative to "heavy" issue trackers, maybe at enterprises that may not work but when we're a startup that works awesome!
Sentry has been essential to our development approach. Nobody likes errors or apps that crash. We use Sentry heavily during Node.js and React development. Our developers are able to see error reports, crashes, user's browsers, and more, all in one place. Sentry also seamlessly integrates with Asana, Slack, and GitHub.
We use Sentry to catch errors in the production environment.
Compared to Rollbar, Sentry is open source. After the company grows, it can be deployed on its own server.
- Real-Time Updates: For the first time, developers can fix code-level issues anywhere in the stack well before users even encounter an error.
- Complete Context: Spend more time where it matters, rather than investing in low-impact issues.
- Root Cause: See the events that lead to errors so you always debug the right thing the first time.
- Private & Secure: Sentry is SOC-2 compliant with GDPR, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and Privacy Shield by default.
- Open Source: Sentry is 100% open source and available on GitHub.