Why people like
Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful! Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix.
- Instead of just showing you the stack trace, Crashlytics performs deep analysis of each and every thread. We de-prioritize lines that don't matter while highlighting the interesting ones. This makes reading stack traces easier, faster, and far more useful!
- Crashlytics' intelligent grouping can take 50,000 crashes, distill them down to 20 unique issues, and then tell you which 3 are the most important to fix.
- Now you'll get precise information on the performance of the devices that your apps run on. We'll let you know if the crash only happens on a specific model or generation of a device. We'll even tell you other information, like whether your app only crashes in landscape mode, or whether the proximity sensor is always on.
- Through our smart reports, we'll provide key insights into your data so you can spend more time fixing and less time triaging.
- Going one layer deeper, Crashlytics examines the operating system that your app is running on. We answer questions like: is it crashing only on jailbroken devices? Is this a memory issue? Does this only affect a specific version of iOS? Through our interactive reports, you'll know instantly.
- Our cutting edge architecture can handle all the traffic you'll throw at us. For example, suppose a buggy update is released and all your users experience issues across all of their devices. Our system processes every crash in a record-breaking 18 milliseconds so you can take action — immediately.
- Each crash we receive gets analyzed by our banks of servers. While pasting a stack trace is the simplest way to get it to you, we wanted to do better. We analyze the entire stack trace, for every crash, and apply carefully-tuned algorithms. Some lines are de-emphasized while others are highlighted, so we can take you straight to the threads and stack-frames that matter.
- We've built a layer of intelligent post-processing to alert you to new issues in real-time. We've also built the channels to get that intelligence to you. Whether you're on the Crashlytics dashboard on your iPad, coding on your MacBook with Crashlytics for Mac, watching your third-party issue tracker or even your email inbox, you'll get notified when something important happens.
- You're always in control — all notifications are customizable to minimize noise and maximize action.
- The Crashlytics SDK uses a multi-step symbolication process to provide progressively higher levels of detail. We start with on-device symbolication. Once a crash report makes it into our system, stack frames are then re-processed against your application's dSYM on our servers. This two-step symbolication process, coupled with our advanced aggregation algorithms, provides the highest information fidelity available.
- On average, Crashlytics adds only 40 KB — or the size of a single image — to the weight of your application.
- We don't require linking against any additional frameworks or libraries.
- When initialized at start-up, Crashlytics performs only the minimal amount of required work and defers the rest until a few seconds after app startup completes. This delay is configurable — we want your app to launch as quickly as possible
- Our memory footprint has been carefully tuned to minimize overhead. We guarantee Crashlytics will not impact gameplay, video processing, or any memory-intensive operations you perform.
- We care tremendously about the stability of your app and the experience for your users. If for any reason our SDK fails, its defensive design will ensure it has no negative impact.
- We use run-time feature detection to ensure compatibility with iOS 4 to iOS 6 and beyond.
tools that are known for: