What is VictorOps?
VictorOps is a real-time incident management platform that combines the power of people and data to embolden DevOps teams so they can handle incidents as they occur and prepare for the next one.
VictorOps is a tool in the Monitoring Aggregation category of a tech stack.
Who uses VictorOps?
28 companies reportedly use VictorOps in their tech stacks, including TransferWise, Packet, and Figure.
30 developers on StackShare have stated that they use VictorOps.
Slack, Jira, New Relic, Sentry, and Amazon CloudWatch are some of the popular tools that integrate with VictorOps. Here's a list of all 55 tools that integrate with VictorOps.
Why developers like VictorOps?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use VictorOps
- On-call schedule management - easily set up rotations, teams & escalation policies
- Collaborative problem-solving - get the right eyes on the problem quickly
- Post-mortem reporting
- Alert annotations - attach documentation to incoming alerts that will help to reduce TTR
- HipChat & Slack bidirectional integrations
- Incident push, SMS, email, phone notifications
- One touch on-call handoffs - switch on-call when real life interrupts & make sure everyone knows
- Filtered incident panes
- Maintenance mode
- Mobile incident acknowledgements
- Real-time live infrastructure timeline - all the context you need in one place
- Android and iOS native apps
VictorOps Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to VictorOps?
See all alternatives
PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and alerts an on duty engineer if there's a problem.
OpsGenie is a cloud-based service for dev & ops teams, providing reliable alerts, on-call schedule management, and escalations. OpsGenie integrates with monitoring tools & services and ensures that the right people are at the right time.
Healthchecks.io is a monitoring service for your cron jobs, background services and scheduled tasks. It works by listening for HTTP "pings" from your services. You can set up various alert methods: email, Slack, Telegram, PagerDuty, etc.
Bigpanda helps you manage and respond to ops incidents faster. All your alerts: organized, assignable, trackable, snoozeable, and updated in real-time.
Monitoring systems are often complex and require a strong sysadmin background to properly configure and maintain. Cronitor replaces all this with a simple service that anyone can set up. Receive email/sms notifications if your jobs don't run, run too slow, or finish too quickly.