OpsGenie vs VictorOps: What are the differences?
Developers describe OpsGenie as "Alerting and On-Call Management for Dev&Ops Teams". OpsGenie is a cloud-based service for dev & ops teams, providing reliable alerts, on-call schedule management, and escalations. OpsGenie integrates with monitoring tools & services and ensures that the right people are at the right time. On the other hand, VictorOps is detailed as "We make on-call suck less & help teams to solve problems faster". VictorOps is a real-time incident management platform that combines the power of people and data to embolden DevOps teams so they can handle incidents as they occur and prepare for the next one.
OpsGenie and VictorOps belong to "Monitoring Aggregation" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by OpsGenie are:
- Forward IT alerts to OpsGenie
- Get notified via email, SMS, mobile push and phone calls
- View alerts using mobile apps
On the other hand, VictorOps provides the following key features:
- On-call schedule management - easily set up rotations, teams & escalation policies
- Collaborative problem-solving - get the right eyes on the problem quickly
- Post-mortem reporting
"Two-way slack integration" is the top reason why over 3 developers like OpsGenie, while over 5 developers mention "Great Team, Great Product" as the leading cause for choosing VictorOps.