OpsGenie vs PagerDuty: What are the differences?
OpsGenie: Alerting and On-Call Management for Dev&Ops Teams. OpsGenie is a cloud-based service for dev & ops teams, providing reliable alerts, on-call schedule management, and escalations. OpsGenie integrates with monitoring tools & services and ensures that the right people are at the right time; PagerDuty: Incident management with powerful visibility, reliable alerting, and improved collaboration. PagerDuty is an alarm aggregation and dispatching service for system administrators and support teams. It collects alerts from your monitoring tools, gives you an overall view of all of your monitoring alarms, and alerts an on duty engineer if there's a problem.
OpsGenie and PagerDuty can be categorized as "Monitoring Aggregation" tools.
Some of the features offered by OpsGenie are:
- Forward IT alerts to OpsGenie
- Get notified via email, SMS, mobile push and phone calls
- View alerts using mobile apps
On the other hand, PagerDuty provides the following key features:
- Alerting that works (and wakes you up)- When your systems go down, PagerDuty will wake you up. You choose how you want to be alerted - via phone, SMS or email, to multiple numbers, with retries.
- Integrate all your existing monitoring tools- PagerDuty works great with almost all monitoring tools including: Nagios (and Icinga), Keynote, New Relic, Pingdom, Circonus, Red Gate SQL Monitor, Server Density, Zenoss, Monit, Munin, SolarWinds and many others. If it can send email, it will work with PagerDuty.
- Native apps with push notifications- iOS and Android native apps with push notifications and a cross-platform mobile website ensure you can respond to alerts wherever you are, even on the go.
"Two-way slack integration" is the primary reason why developers consider OpsGenie over the competitors, whereas "Just works" was stated as the key factor in picking PagerDuty.
Slack, Stack Exchange, and Stripe are some of the popular companies that use PagerDuty, whereas OpsGenie is used by OpenGov, PedidosYa, and MercadoLibre. PagerDuty has a broader approval, being mentioned in 303 company stacks & 47 developers stacks; compared to OpsGenie, which is listed in 36 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is OpsGenie?
What is PagerDuty?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions