Gradient° vs GraphLab Create: What are the differences?
Developers describe Gradient° as "Deep learning platform built for developers". Gradient° is a suite of tools for exploring data and training neural networks. Gradient° includes 1-click Jupyter notebooks, a powerful job runner, and a python module to run any code on a fully managed GPU cluster in the cloud. Gradient is also rolling out full support for Google's new TPUv2 accelerator to power even more newer workflows. On the other hand, GraphLab Create is detailed as "Machine learning platform that enables data scientists and app developers to easily create intelligent apps at scale". Building an intelligent, predictive application involves iterating over multiple steps: cleaning the data, developing features, training a model, and creating and maintaining a predictive service. GraphLab Create does all of this in one platform. It is easy to use, fast, and powerful.
Gradient° and GraphLab Create can be primarily classified as "Machine Learning as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Gradient° are:
- 1-click Jupyter notebooks
- a powerful job runner
- Python module to run any code on a fully managed GPU cluster in the cloud
On the other hand, GraphLab Create provides the following key features:
- Analyze terabyte scale data at interactive speeds, on your desktop.
- A Single platform for tabular data, graphs, text, and images.
- State of the art machine learning algorithms including deep learning, boosted trees, and factorization machines.