SolarWinds IPAM vs ipapi: What are the differences?
Developers describe SolarWinds IPAM as "IP address management software designed to save time and prevent costly errors". It is the administration of DNS and DHCP, which are the network services that assign and resolve IP addresses to machines in a TCP/IP network. Simply put, it is a means of planning, tracking, and managing the Internet Protocol address space used in a network. On the other hand, ipapi is detailed as "API for IP address geolocation for your website & mobile app". IP Lookup | IP Location API for IP address geolocation for your website & mobile app.
SolarWinds IPAM and ipapi can be primarily classified as "IP Address / WHOIS API" tools.
Some of the features offered by SolarWinds IPAM are:
- Automated IP address tracking
- Integrated DHCP, DNS, and IP address management
- IP address alerting, troubleshooting, and reporting
On the other hand, ipapi provides the following key features:
- Secure API for IP address lookup
- Seamless upgrades as traffic grows. No code changes
- E-Mail alerts warn you before you run out of quota