Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Chart.js vs Plotly: What are the differences?
Chart.js and Plotly can be primarily classified as "Charting Libraries" tools.
Some of the features offered by Chart.js are:
- HTML5 based
On the other hand, Plotly provides the following key features:
- Feature parity with MATLAB/matplotlib graphing
- Online chart editor
- Fully interactive (hover, zoom, pan)
Chart.js and Plotly are both open source tools. It seems that Chart.js with 44.3K GitHub stars and 9.71K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Plotly with 10.4K GitHub stars and 1.21K GitHub forks.
stage.gg, CROPTI, and Boltzap are some of the popular companies that use Chart.js, whereas Plotly is used by Wellzesta, Algo Edge Technologies, and ADEXT. Chart.js has a broader approval, being mentioned in 10 company stacks & 14 developers stacks; compared to Plotly, which is listed in 11 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
I have used highcharts and it is pretty awesome for my previous project. now as I am about to start my new project I want to use other charting libraries such as recharts, chart js, Nivo, d3 js.... my upcoming project might use react js as front end and laravel as a backend technology. the project would be of hotel management type. please suggest me the best charts to use
I've used Highcharts with both Angular Js Reactive applications (render as ReactJs) and also a bit of D3. Personally I found Highcharts to be the easiest to use but, with still quite a good level of customisability if you need it. graphs and charts then give D3 a try.
Pros of Chart.js
- Offers all types of charts16
- Interactive Charts12
- It's totally free10
Pros of Plotly.js
- Bindings to popular languages like Python, Node, R, etc16
- Integrated zoom and filter-out tools in charts and maps10
- Great support for complex and multiple axes9
- Powerful out-of-the-box featureset8
- Beautiful visualizations6
- Active user base4
- Impressive support for webgl 3D charts4
- Charts are easy to share with a cloud account3
- Webgl chart types are extremely performant3
- Publication quality image export2
- Interactive charts2
- Easy to use online editor for creating plotly.js charts2
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Chart.js
- Slow rendering12
- Bitmap quality export2
- Low quality zoom plugin1
- It's totally free0
Cons of Plotly.js
- Terrible document17