Mashape vs Mashery: What are the differences?
What is Mashape? Open Source API Platform for a Cloud Native World. Kong is a scalable, open source API Layer (also known as an API Gateway, or API Middleware). Kong controls layer 4 and 7 traffic and is extended through Plugins, which provide extra functionality and services beyond the core platform.
What is Mashery? Manage your API and discover new APIs. Sign In and discover new APIs from our open data commons of RESTful APIs. Mashery's API management offerings include strategic consulting & developer support to help you build your business.
Mashape and Mashery can be primarily classified as "API Hub and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mashape are:
- Logging: Log requests and responses to your system over TCP, UDP or to disk
- OAuth2.0: Add easily an OAuth2.0 authentication to your APIs
- Monitoring: Live monitoring provides key load and performance server metrics
On the other hand, Mashery provides the following key features:
- Mashery API Explorer- Sign In and discover new APIs from our open data commons of RESTful APIs or contributed from our open source I/O Docs GitHub Project
- Developer Connect- Developer Connect matches API developers with API projects.
- API Status Monitor- The Mashery API Status monitor provides this transparency with third-party real-time and historical performance issues.