What is Mashape?
Kong is a scalable, open source API Layer (also known as an API Gateway, or API Middleware). Kong controls layer 4 and 7 traffic and is extended through Plugins, which provide extra functionality and services beyond the core platform.
Mashape is a tool in the API Hub and Management category of a tech stack.
Who uses Mashape?
6 companies reportedly use Mashape in their tech stacks, including Hazeorid, Kong, and imgur.
26 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Mashape.
Why developers like Mashape?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Mashape
- Logging: Log requests and responses to your system over TCP, UDP or to disk
- OAuth2.0: Add easily an OAuth2.0 authentication to your APIs
- Monitoring: Live monitoring provides key load and performance server metrics
- IP-restriction: Whitelist or blacklist IPs that can make requests
- Authentication: Manage consumer credentials query string and header tokens
- Rate-limiting: Block and throttle requests based on IP or authentication
- Transformations: Add, remove or manipulate HTTP params and headers on-the-fly
- CORS: Enable cross-origin requests to your APIs that would otherwise be blocked
- Anything: Need custom functionality? Extend Kong with your own Lua plugins
Mashape Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Mashape?
See all alternatives
API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world.
Sign In and discover new APIs from our open data commons of RESTful APIs. Mashery's API management offerings include strategic consulting & developer support to help you build your business.
3scale's API Management platform provides services and solutions, allowing you to Operate, Manage and Distribute your APIs. Trusted by 450+ API programs.
CloudRail is an API Integration Solution which allows you to integrate SaaS services via a unified API. Moreover it keeps your integrations up-to-date, even if a provider changes their API. Categories are eg Social, Cloud Storage, Payment..
- No public GitHub repository available -