Apigee vs Mashape: What are the differences?
What is Apigee? Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world.
What is Mashape? Open Source API Platform for a Cloud Native World. Kong is a scalable, open source API Layer (also known as an API Gateway, or API Middleware). Kong controls layer 4 and 7 traffic and is extended through Plugins, which provide extra functionality and services beyond the core platform.
Apigee and Mashape are primarily classified as "API" and "API Hub and Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Mashape provides the following key features:
- Logging: Log requests and responses to your system over TCP, UDP or to disk
- OAuth2.0: Add easily an OAuth2.0 authentication to your APIs
- Monitoring: Live monitoring provides key load and performance server metrics
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Apigee, while over 6 developers mention "Built-in billing layer for API owners" as the leading cause for choosing Mashape.
According to the StackShare community, Apigee has a broader approval, being mentioned in 5 company stacks & 11 developers stacks; compared to Mashape, which is listed in 6 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Apigee?
What is Mashape?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Mashape?