Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Amazon API Gateway vs Apigee: What are the differences?
Amazon API Gateway: Create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale. Amazon API Gateway handles all the tasks involved in accepting and processing up to hundreds of thousands of concurrent API calls, including traffic management, authorization and access control, monitoring, and API version management; Apigee: Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world.
Amazon API Gateway and Apigee can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon API Gateway are:
- Build, Deploy and Manage APIs
- API Lifecycle Management
On the other hand, Apigee provides the following key features:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
"AWS Integration" is the primary reason why developers consider Amazon API Gateway over the competitors, whereas "Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" was stated as the key factor in picking Apigee.
According to the StackShare community, Amazon API Gateway has a broader approval, being mentioned in 167 company stacks & 62 developers stacks; compared to Apigee, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
Pros of Amazon API Gateway
- AWS Integration37
Pros of Apigee
- Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform12
- Quick jumpstart6
- Good documentation5
- Fast and adjustable caching3
- Easy to use3
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of Amazon API Gateway
- Less expensive1
- No websocket broadcast1
Cons of Apigee
- Doesn't support hybrid natively1