Apigee vs Postman: What are the differences?
Apigee: Intelligent and complete API platform. API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world; Postman: Only complete API development environment. Postman is the only complete API development environment, used by nearly five million developers and more than 100,000 companies worldwide.
Apigee and Postman can be primarily classified as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, Postman provides the following key features:
- Compact layout
- HTTP requests with file upload support
- Formatted API responses for JSON and XML
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the primary reason why developers consider Apigee over the competitors, whereas "Easy to use" was stated as the key factor in picking Postman.
According to the StackShare community, Postman has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1725 company stacks & 2166 developers stacks; compared to Apigee, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.