ML Kit vs Propel: What are the differences?
What is ML Kit? Machine learning for mobile developers (by Google). ML Kit brings Google’s machine learning expertise to mobile developers in a powerful and easy-to-use package.
ML Kit and Propel can be primarily classified as "Machine Learning" tools.
Some of the features offered by ML Kit are:
- Image labeling - Identify objects, locations, activities, animal species, products, and more
- Text recognition (OCR) - Recognize and extract text from images
- Face detection - Detect faces and facial landmarks
On the other hand, Propel provides the following key features:
- Run anywhere, in the browser or natively from Node
- Target multiple GPUs and make TCP connections
- PhD optional
Propel is an open source tool with 2.81K GitHub stars and 81 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Propel's open source repository on GitHub.