Mycli vs pgweb: What are the differences?
What is Mycli? A CLI for MySQL with auto-completion and syntax highlighting. Mycli is a command line interface for MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona with auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
What is pgweb? Web-based PostgreSQL database browser written in Go. This is a web-based browser for PostgreSQL database server. Its written in Go and works on Mac OSX, Linux and Windows machines. Main idea behind using Go for the backend is to utilize language's ability for cross-compile source code for multiple platforms. This project is an attempt to create a very simple and portable application to work with PostgreSQL databases.
Mycli and pgweb can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mycli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, pgweb provides the following key features:
- Connect to local or remote server
- Browse tables and table rows
- Get table details: structure, size, indices, row count
Mycli and pgweb are both open source tools. Mycli with 7.75K GitHub stars and 475 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than pgweb with 5.94K GitHub stars and 419 GitHub forks.