Mycli vs Redsmin: What are the differences?
What is Mycli? A CLI for MySQL with auto-completion and syntax highlighting. Mycli is a command line interface for MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona with auto-completion and syntax highlighting.
What is Redsmin? All-in-one fully featured GUI for Redis. Redsmin is an all-in-one GUI for Redis, a tightly crafted developer oriented, online real-time monitoring and administration service for Redis.
Mycli and Redsmin can be categorized as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mycli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, Redsmin provides the following key features:
- Cross-platform, works everywhere inside a browser.
- Multiple database management with direct (plain text connection), direct (TLS/SSL connection) or proxied access for local instances behind a firewall.
- Batch operation over multiple key that match a pattern (delete, rename, duplicate)
Mycli is an open source tool with 7.75K GitHub stars and 475 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Mycli's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Mycli?
What is Redsmin?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Mycli?
Why do developers choose Redsmin?
What are the cons of using Mycli?
What are the cons of using Redsmin?
What companies use Mycli?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
live views, request, redis monitoring... really the best way to dev with redis