Mycli vs Upmin Admin: What are the differences?
Mycli: A CLI for MySQL with auto-completion and syntax highlighting. Mycli is a command line interface for MySQL, MariaDB, and Percona with auto-completion and syntax highlighting; Upmin Admin: Framework for creating powerful admin backends with minimal effort in Ruby on Rails. Upmin Admin is a framework for creating powerful admin backends with minimal effort.
Mycli and Upmin Admin can be primarily classified as "Database" tools.
Some of the features offered by Mycli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, Upmin Admin provides the following key features:
- Zero to Admin in less than a minute
- Create actions with existing code
- Customize views using tools you are familiar with
Mycli and Upmin Admin are both open source tools. It seems that Mycli with 7.75K GitHub stars and 475 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Upmin Admin with 789 GitHub stars and 78 GitHub forks.