NativeScript vs Sencha Touch: What are the differences?
NativeScript and Sencha Touch belong to "Cross-Platform Mobile Development" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by NativeScript are:
- 100% Access to Native Platform API
- NativeScript is free of charge as an open source project
On the other hand, Sencha Touch provides the following key features:
- Built on HTML5 Technology- Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform.
- Smoother Scrolling and Animations- Sencha Touch 2 provides a user experience unparalleled in HTML5. Fluid Adaptive Layouts- Sencha Touch’s novel layout engine leverages HTML5 in powerful ways to let developers build complex applications that respond, load, and layout in a snap.
- Navigation View- The new Navigation View component makes it easy to make applications that feature beautiful animated transitions between screens as well as providing automatic back button management.
"Access to the entire native api" is the primary reason why developers consider NativeScript over the competitors, whereas "Structured code" was stated as the key factor in picking Sencha Touch.
NativeScript is an open source tool with 17.2K GitHub stars and 1.27K GitHub forks. Here's a link to NativeScript's open source repository on GitHub.
What is NativeScript?
What is Sencha Touch?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using NativeScript?
What are the cons of using Sencha Touch?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
It is using the native components to build the UI and offers the best skills reuse story. All you need to know is JS/TS and CSS. Angular 2 is also supported which leads to even more code reuse across web and mobile.This is also the best way to access the native platform APIs directly.
NativeScript allows you to reuse your JS skills to build Native mobile apps without any sacrifices. It takes a bit to learn about all possible features, but each time you discover a new one you can't help but get more and more excited.