Notifiers vs Urban Airship: What are the differences?
Notifiers: An easy way to send notifications. A one stop shop for all notification providers with a unified and simple interface; Urban Airship: Improve customer engagement with push notifications, location-based marketing and analytics. We’ve built the smartest, most aware, precise, easy-to-use, scalable, secure and powerful push messaging platform on the planet. Our Push messaging platform leverages all that is unique about mobile as a channel, and that lights the spark to create meaningful and valuable mobile experiences. We help put your app in front of your users at the right time, and in the right place to drive usage and brand engagement.
Notifiers and Urban Airship can be primarily classified as "Mobile Push Messaging" tools.
Some of the features offered by Notifiers are:
- Spend your precious time on your own code base, instead of chasing down 3rd party provider APIs
- A minimal set of well known and stable dependencies (requests, jsonschema and click)
- A unified interface means that you already support any new providers that will be added, no more work needed!
On the other hand, Urban Airship provides the following key features:
- Industry’s best Push Messaging (with up to 1M messages per month, free).
- Ready to go, proven and can be working in your app within hours.
- Flexible APIs to drop in as-is or to completely customize.
Notifiers is an open source tool with 1.17K GitHub stars and 38 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Notifiers's open source repository on GitHub.