Payola vs Sush.io: What are the differences?
What is Payola? Drop-in Rails engine for accepting payments with Stripe. Payola provides a complete solution for accepting Stripe payments within a Rails application. It is focused on selling items one at a time and includes a drop-in partial for setting up a Stripe Checkout button, along with a complete server-side asynchronous processing system for completing payments with Stripe.
What is Sush.io? Sync Stripe with Xero, Quickbooks, Freshbooks and many more. Sush.io is the easiest automation gateway for financial APIs : Like Mint + IFTTT in a single app. Automate 90% of Financial and Accounting tasks by connecting Stripe to Xero, Quickbooks Online and many more Business Apps.
Payola and Sush.io can be primarily classified as "SaaS for Stripe" tools.
Some of the features offered by Payola are:
- An easy to embed, easy to customize, async Stripe Checkout button
- Asynchronous payments, usable with any background processing system
- Full webhook integration
On the other hand, Sush.io provides the following key features:
- Sync Stripe to Accounting Apps like Xero and Quickbooks to reconcile Charges, Refunds and Transfers automatically
- Sync Stripe to Freshbooks to generate Invoices, Fees automatically
- Sync Stripe to Online Banking to get payment notifications
Payola is an open source tool with 845 GitHub stars and 142 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Payola's open source repository on GitHub.