pgcli vs Upmin Admin: What are the differences?
Developers describe pgcli as "Postgres CLI with autocompletion and syntax highlighting". This is a postgres client that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting. On the other hand, Upmin Admin is detailed as "Framework for creating powerful admin backends with minimal effort in Ruby on Rails". Upmin Admin is a framework for creating powerful admin backends with minimal effort.
pgcli and Upmin Admin belong to "Database Tools" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by pgcli are:
- Auto-completion as you type for SQL keywords as well as tables and columns in the database.
- Syntax highlighting using Pygments.
- Smart-completion (enabled by default) will suggest context-sensitive completion.
On the other hand, Upmin Admin provides the following key features:
- Zero to Admin in less than a minute
- Create actions with existing code
- Customize views using tools you are familiar with
pgcli and Upmin Admin are both open source tools. pgcli with 8.01K GitHub stars and 365 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than Upmin Admin with 789 GitHub stars and 78 GitHub forks.